Sir Graham heard how the company, founded by Altrincham local Matthew Scullion in 2011, has grown to become a world leader in technology, with large international clients including Pepsico and Siemens. The company has also expanded into the US, opening an office in New York in preparation for taking on American tech giants.
Sir Graham was also greeted by Dave Hall of YFM Equity partners, who provided Matillion with substantial Venture Capital Trust (VCT) investment in November 2016. As a result of this investment, Matillion have been able to triple turnover and create 28 new roles in Altrincham.
CEO Matthew Scullion said: “It was a pleasure to welcome Sir Graham and show him what our incredible staff have achieved over the last few years.”
“The North West has always been a cradle of innovation, and with the right support from Government and investors like YFM, companies like Matillion in the region are poised to capitalise on the latest technological revolution.”
Sir Graham Brady MP said: “Matillion is a remarkable business. It is fantastic to see a local man choose to start such an innovative business here at home. It is crucial that we continue to support these businesses, as the backbone of our economy, to start-up and grow.”
“I wish them every success in expanding to the US, and beyond!”
- Matillion are a software company that offers purpose-built, native ELT solutions for cloud data warehouse platforms.
- Their headquarters are in Altrincham, and they also have an office in New York
· YFM Equity are an independent private equity business that invest in small, innovative businesses across the UK from offices in Leeds, London, Manchester, Birmingham and Sheffield.
About the VCTA
· The Venture Capital Trust Association (VCTA) are an organisation representing fund managers from ten of the largest venture capital trust (VCT) funds in the UK, comprising of 75% of the industry, managing £2.9 billion.
· Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) are Government backed investment vehicles designed to channel capital to innovative, ambitious young firms.